There are many types of insurance options out there that business owners can get. Insurance helps protect your company from different risks that can come up during normal operations. Choosing what you need can seem overwhelming, but we’re here to help.
Many business owners start with a package insurance policy for their small business insurance needs. It combines three essential coverages:
- Public Products & Employers Liability insurance
- Property and or bodily injury to a third party.
- Protection for employees if they are injured in the course of their duties (required by law in most circumstances).
- Commercial property insurance
- Material damage of your own assets or those which are under your responsibility and care.
- Buildings or tenants improvements, fixture and fittings and general contents, stock, and money.
- Business interruption insurance
- Financial loss from an insured peril, i.e., fire, flood, explosion.
- Gross profit, revenue, and increased cost of working.
We have a team of experienced advisors who will really want to understand the ins and outs of your business and advise the coverages you may require to get more protection. For example, if your business provides a professional service to customers, you may want to get Professional Indemnity Insurance. It can help protect your business from claims that a mistake has been made when providing professional services.
We know every business is different. That’s why we’re here to help you get the right types of business insurance.
Commercial Property Insurance (Material Damage)
Commercial Property Insurance helps protect your owned or rented building and equipment that you use to run your business.
Business Interruption Insurance in packaged policies
If you can’t run your business because of covered property damage, a business interruption policy can help replace your lost income. So, you can use this coverage to help pay for ongoing expenses, like rent, utility bills, or payroll. This type of insurance is also known as (BII) business interruption insurance.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional Indemnity cover (Pi) helps cover legal costs regarding claims that you made a mistake in the services you provided. This type of insurance is also known as errors and omissions (E&O) insurance.
Employers Liability Insurance
It is a legal obligation to all businesses with more than 1 employee to obtain liability insurance from sole trader to limited company. Even if the person who works for you provides labour only, you may still need to obtain cover by law. You can face fines, penalties, and criminal charges if you don’t comply with the law.
Cyber Insurance is becoming more and more of a necessity.
Cyber insurance helps your business respond to hacking, fraud, and a data breach. If any personally identifiable information gets lost or stolen, you can be fined by the information commissions officer.
Data breach insurance can help pay your costs to:
- Notify impacted individuals
- Offer identity theft monitoring services
- Create a public relations campaign